The Pharmacist & Patient-Centered Diabetes Care 2021
The American Pharmacists Association is hosting three virtual offerings of The Pharmacist & Patient-Centered Diabetes Care certificate training program in 2021. Supported by educational grants from Merck and Novo Nordisk, APhA will offer these special programs for only $199.
APhA’s The Pharmacist & Patient-Centered Diabetes Care certificate training program is an intensive educational experience designed to equip pharmacists with the knowledge, skills, and confidence needed to provide effective, evidence-based diabetes care. Participants will gain experience evaluating and adjusting drug therapy regimens for patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes, counseling patients about lifestyle interventions, analyzing and interpreting self-monitoring of blood glucose results, and assessing the overall health status of patients to identify needed monitoring and interventions. This program has two components: online interactive self-study with assessment and the live seminar conducted virtually via a Zoom meeting.
In addition to enrollment in the diabetes certificate training program, your $199 registration fee will also provide you with an automatic free enrollment in APhA’s Test Your Knowledge: Diabetes Care. This free 2-hour online CPE program will be loaded onto your profile six months later and will provide you with a review of the information you experience in the certificate training program. It will also provide any up-to-date diabetes information six months following the certificate training program. You are not obligated to participate in this CPE program, but it is provided to you free as part of your enrollment in the diabetes certificate program. It is supported by a grant from Merck and Novo Nordisk. Visit pharmacist.com/ctp for a list of learning objectives, faculty credentials and ACPE information.
Click FAQs - read before registering
How to register
- Scroll below and click on the desired date.
- Select desired seminar date by clicking on the link.
- Read the information about the program.
- Purchase an enrollment in the program by selecting ADD TO CART
- The $199 Program fee is non-refundable and you may not switch session dates after purchase
- Once your purchase has been made, you can begin to study. Go to Continuing Education, My Training, and scroll down to My Enrollments.
Planning for live seminar
- A few days prior to the session date you will be sent a link to the seminar. The seminar will be hosted using Zoom.
- NOTE: Late arrivals and/or leaving early would jeopardize your credit for the live component. There is no partial credit.
|October 27, 2021||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|November 18, 2021||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|Illinois Pharmacists Association||Register Now|
|December 16, 2021||9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|Florida Pharmacy Association||Register Now|
If a class is listed as “CLOSED” the program has reached its maximum capacity. If you add a program to your shopping cart but are unable to continue with the registration process because a message indicates that the program is "Full", the class is closed and you will not be able to register.
This certificate training program was developed by the American Pharmacists Association.