Toolkit for Marketing MTM to Prescribers
Medication therapy management (MTM) services are a key way pharmacists deliver value to their patients, and this value can be enhanced through effective collaborations with prescribers. The APhA-APPM Medication Management Special Interest Group developed this toolkit to help pharmacists market their value and their MTM services to potential collaborators - physicians, nurses, physician assistants, and others. The toolkit includes 11 resources ranging from a sample PowerPoint presentation to flyers and to useful statistics for making the case. A description of the available tools is available in the Introduction document, and APhA members can access all of the resources by logging into pharmacist.com and clicking the links below.
- Introduction to the Toolkit
- Getting in the Door
- Samples of Elevator Speeches to Prescribers
- Essential Tips for Communicating with Prescribers
- Talking Points for Describing MTM and Its Benefits
- Medication Adherence Statistics to Support Need for Pharmacist-Provided MTM
- Building Rapport Utilizing Motivational Interviewing with Prescribers
- Medication Therapy Management - Overview PPT Presentation
- Overcoming Challenges While Communicating with Prescribers
- Sample Fax - Medication Change Template
- Sample Fax - Medication Class Template
- Sample MTM Flyer
APhA thanks the members of the APhA-APPM Medication Management SIG who contributed to the creation of these resources.