New Practitioner Mentor Program
Learn more about the APhA New Practitioner Mentor Program
The purpose of the APhA New Practitioner Mentor Program is to provide student pharmacists the opportunity to interact with a new practitioner who can provide insight into the transition from student to pharmacist.
Responsibilities of the APhA New Practitioner Mentor
- Serve as a mentor for student pharmacists, including providing guidance during the school year (especially final-year students), and insight into life as a New Practitioner and career opportunities after graduation. New Practitioners provide their e-mail address and answer questions online.
- Provide the "Rotation Life" presentation during the APhA-ASP Spring Membership Drive.
- Assist with special chapter activities, such as patient care projects, health fairs, and legislative days.
- Serve as a judge or patient during the chapter’s local patient counseling competition.
- Attend periodic APhA-ASP chapter and officer meetings (as scheduled by the chapter).
Requirements of the APhA New Practitioner Mentor
- Must be an eligible, active APhA New Practitioner member.
- Non APhA-ASP chapter advisor preferred.
- Must live in close proximity to school/college of pharmacy.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills, and experience in providing presentations.
If you are a recent graduate interested in serving in this role, or a student pharmacist seeking an APhA New Practitioner Mentor for your chapter, please contact APhA's Crystal Atwell at firstname.lastname@example.org.