New Practitioner Launch Kit
2017 Graduates - Join APhA today and LAUNCH your career with these New Practitioner benefits!
APhA membership helps New Practitioners start their careers off right! APhA has programs and resources in place to help you make a smooth transition from pharmacy school to new practitioner, resident, or postgraduate.
Build Your Support System
The APhA New Practitioner Network (NPN) offers webinars, articles in the Transitions e-newsletter, and discussion on our Facebook page about issues you’ll face, including supervisory training and how to lead colleagues who have more experience. This year’s grads will be plugged into a network of experienced recent grads who were just in their shoes and now have the knowledge and experience to pass on. As a member of the NPN, you will immediately inherit a new squad of mentors ready to help guide you.
- The APhA Academy of Pharmacy Practice and Management (APhA-APPM)
- The APhA Academy of Pharmaceutical Research and Science (APhA-APRS)
- ENGAGE, a members-only e-community featuring the APhA New Practitioner Network Community and nine APhA-APPM Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Connect Socially through Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
Start Your Career
APhA is the starting point to begin your career.
- APhA Career Pathway Evaluation Program for Pharmacy Professionals
- APhA Career Center
- APhA Online Job Center
- Residencies and Post-Grad Resources
Build Your Career
It is never too early to begin thinking about life-long learning to keep up with all the changes in pharmacy. APhA’s Educational Library links you to more than 80 CPE opportunities, all free to members. Advanced training, publications, drug information resources, and more are also available for New Practitioners!
- Strategic Planning for your Career
- Certificate Training Programs
- BPS Ambulatory Care Review and Recertification
- Pharmacy Today and APhA Publications
- APhA DrugInfoLine
Manage the Details
- Select Transitions e-newsletter articles
- Professional Liability Insurance: NPs in their first year of practice are eligible for a 50% discount on liability insurance through our partner Healthcare Providers Service Organization (HPSO). The insurance your employer carries may not provide all the protection you need. Get a quote today!
Visit Top Ten Reasons to Join for a complete list of benefits.