APhA-ASP House of Delegates
** Link to Observe the 2021 APhA-ASP House of Delegates - Tuesday, March 16, 2021 - 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm ET **
Toll Free: 1-877-853-5257 or 1-888-475-4499
Webinar ID: 954 7321 0730
The House of Delegates is the policy‑making body of the APhA Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP), an official Academy of the American Pharmacists Association. With representation at every school and college of pharmacy, APhA‑ASP is the collective voice of student pharmacists in the United States and Puerto Rico. The House is comprised of one delegate from each school or college of pharmacy, four APhA-ASP National Executive Committee members, and observers from student pharmacist and other health professional organizations.
APhA-ASP Virtual House of Delegates for 2021
The 2021 APhA-ASP House of Delegates will be conducted in a virtual format on Tuesday, March 16, from 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm ET. Chapter Delegates will receive a ballot for APhA-ASP National Officer Elections and the APhA-ASP PharmFlix Video Contest on Sunday, March 14. Ballots are due by no later than 11:59 pm PT on Monday, March 15. If additional rounds of voting are needed, Chapter Delegates will be notified the morning of Tuesday, March 16. All other business of the APhA-ASP House of Delegates will be conducted from 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm ET.
APhA2021 Virtual Annual Meeting Resources
Please visit: https://apha2021.pharmacist.com for the most up-to-date information and resources about the APhA2021 Virtual Annual Meeting.
- Students' Guide to the APhA2021 Virtual Annual Meeting
- New Practitioners' Guide to the APhA2021 Virtual Annual Meeting
- APhA-ASP Awards Celebration Week Schedule
Chapter Delegate Registration
Chapters may submit the name of one (1) student pharmacist member to serve as the Chapter's Delegate and the name of one (1) student pharmacist member to serve as the Chapter's Alternate Delegate. Links to access the House of Delegates will be sent to all APhA-ASP Chapter Delegates on the morning of Tuesday, March 16. A separate link will be made available for all non-Chapter Delegates to view the APhA-ASP House of Delegates Proceedings.
- Chapter Delegate Registration - Due by 11:59 pm PT on Tuesday, March 9
APhA-ASP House of Delegates - Policy Reports
- Report of the 2021 APhA-ASP Resolutions Committee - Resolutions Only - PDF
- Report of the 2021 APhA-ASP Resolutions Committee - Full Report - PDF
- Report of the 2020 APhA-ASP Reference Committee - PDF (Available on Friday, March 12)
APhA-ASP House of Delegates - Chapter Delegate Orientation / Open Hearing on Proposed Resolutions
- Chapter Delegate Orientation Webinar - Slides
- Chapter Delegate Orientation Video for Virtual House - Conducted on September 23, 2020 for the Fall APhA-ASP House Session
The APhA-ASP Chapter Delegate Orientation and Open Hearing on Proposed Resolutions will be conducted on Tuesday, March 9 from 8:30 pm - 10:30 pm ET. Information presented during the Chapter Delegate Orientation is intended to assist all Chapter Delegates with how to navigate voting and amendment procedures during the virtual House Session.
APhA-ASP House of Delegates Agenda and Amendment Form
Chapter Delegate Materials
- APhA-ASP House of Delegates - Rules of Procedure - PDF
- APhA-ASP House of Delegates Guide - PDF
- Overview and Glossary of Terms - PDF
- How to Approach the Microphone During the House Sessions - PDF
- Robert's Rules of Order - Cheat Sheet - PDF
APhA-ASP Adopted Resolutions (Policy Book) and "The Capsule"
APhA-ASP Adopted Resolutions begin as ideas brought forth from individual members to their chapter. After much discussion on the chapter, regional, and national levels, the most prominent ideas are brought to the APhA-ASP House of Delegates during the APhA Annual Meeting each spring. Once passed by the House, those ideas become resolutions representing the collective voice of student pharmacists. Those resolutions are then addressed by the APhA-ASP Policy Standing Committee and APhA-ASP National Executive Committee for further action.
- APhA-ASP Adopted Resolutions (1973 - 2019) - Word Doc
- Report of the 2020 APhA-ASP Virtual House of Delegates - Word Doc
- APhA-ASP "The Capsule": Policy Process in Detail (updated March 2021) - PDF
APhA-ASP MRM Closing Business Session Reports
While reviewing each of the proposed resolutions passed at the APhA-ASP Midyear Regional Meetings, the APhA-ASP Resolutions Committee develops a ranked list of policy proposals. After 3 rounds of discussion, the Committee develops a consensus on the top issues and develops their report of proposed resolutions that will be brought before the APhA-ASP House of Delegates at the APhA Annual Meeting & Exposition. Appendix A of the APhA-ASP Resolutions Committee Report provides a reason code as well as a percentage of where all of the proposed resolutions ranked within the Committee's deliberations.
- Report of the 2021 APhA-ASP Resolutions Committee - Appendix A - PDF (ranking and feedback from MRM2020 - Available after the APhA-ASP House of Delegates)
APhA-ASP National Officer Elections
Serving as an American Pharmacists Association Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP) National Officer is rewarding, both professionally and personally. Elected officers who choose to serve their profession have the personal satisfaction of knowing that they have been elected by their colleagues to represent them in their national professional organization. At times, serving as an elected officer may be a very difficult and demanding position, but the position is meant to complement, not compete with educational responsibilities. An elected officer's education always takes the higher priority.
The Regulations and Procedures for APhA-ASP National Officer elections serve as the official guidelines for the APhA-ASP House of Delegates Rules of Procedures, APhA-ASP Nominations Committee, APhA-ASP House of Delegates, and those candidates wishing to seek national office. The regulations and procedures are reviewed annually by the APhA-ASP National Executive Committee and may be revised as necessary.
2021-2022 APhA-ASP National Officer elections will be conducted in an online format. All of the guidelines and procedures have been adapted to reflect the virtual format. Candidates will be notified as soon as possible of changes to the elections or responsibilities of national office.
- Candidates for 2021-2022 APhA-ASP National Office - Learn more about each candidate's qualifications
- APhA-ASP National Officer Candidates Guide - PDF
- Official Report of the APhA-ASP Nominating Committee - PDF
- Election Regulations & National Officer Responsibilities - PDF
PharmFlix Video Contest
- APhA-ASP PharmFlix Video Contest - List of Nominees and Links to Videos on YouTube Playlist
- APhA-ASP PharmFlix Video Contest - List of Nominees - Word Doc
Voting for the PharmFlix Most Humorous, Most Inspirational, and Best Overall Picture will occur on the first ballot of the APhA-ASP National Officer Candidates on Sunday, March 14. Ballots are due by Monday, March 15, 2021 at 11:59 pm PT.